Thank you to everyone who attended the "HVAC Fundamentals for Indoor Farms" workshop in Sacramento. Stay tuned for the dates and details of the next workshop!
"I really enjoyed your workshop, and appreciate you taking the time to put on this workshop. I found it beneficial and learned a lot of valuable information." -Cara Main (CFM Company)
1. Introduction to HVAC system types for both greenhouse and indoor
2. How to calculate basic heating, cooling, and humidity loads
3. Strategies for creating air movement and why it's important
4. Review of design criteria and constraints that are unique to each grow operation
5. Introduction to the Psychrometric chart and moist air properties
6. Measurement of plant evapotranspiration rates
7. Basics of data interpretation and analysis
8. How to differentiate between the "good" and the "too-good-to-be-true"
9. Overview of basic terms and concepts in horticulture and engineering
10. Energy implications of indoor cultivation
Want to learn more?
Have suggestions for future workshops?
Have other feedback?
Feel free to contact me: